1. Guillermo del Toro to give Masterclass
Guillermo del Toro will give Masterclass on Wednesday 15th June at 4 pm. He reflects on his career and attendees will have a chance to get the first glimpse of his latest project Trollhunters by Dreamworks.
Trollhunters: DreamWorks’ Trollhunters is scheduled to be premiered as Netflix original series in later this year. Trollhunters sets in a new and fantastical world. Two best friends make a startling discovery beneath their hometown.
Press release: http://www.annecy.org/news:a1374
2. Number of projects submitted hits a new record high
Annecy has announced that they received almost 2,700 films across 85 countries for sections of shorts, graduation films and TV and commissioned films. The official selection for feature films will be announced at the end of April.
Number of projects by section
- Short films: 54 projects including 11 in the Off-Limits section
- Graduation films: 54 projects
- TV and commissioned films: 77 projects
The full list of films can be found from the link below.
3. Annecy partners with the the Cannes Film Market
As part of the new partnership with the Cannes Film Market, this year Annecy organized “Goes to Cannes” showcase sessions on Monday 16th May 2016 to support animated feature films.
Selected feature films
Arara and the Guardians of the Amazon Rainforest (In development)
- Production: El Tuerto Pictures (Colombia) and Morro Images (Germany)
- Director: Vlamyr Vizcaya (El Tuerto Pictures)
- Producers: Vlamyr Vizcayaand Heiko Nemmert (Morro Images)
The Last Fiction (In production)
- Production: Hoorakhsh Studios (Iran)
- Director: Ashkan Rahgozar
- Producer: Pooyan Mokri
Loving Vincent (Post-production)
- Production: Breakthru Productions (Poland) and Trademark Films (UK)
- Directors: Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman
- Producer: Sean Bobbitt
Please find the detail from the link below.